DYR208 Professional Ethics
Showing course contents for the educational year 2018 - 2019 .
Course responsible: Hilde Myrvold
ECTS credits: 2
Faculty: Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Teaching language: NO
Teaching exam periods:
This course starts in Spring semester. This course has teaching/evaluation in Spring semester
Course frequency: Yearly, 1 week
First time: Study year 2016-2017
To prepare the student for the ethical dilemmas they will meet as a professional practitioner and enable the student to act and behave ethically in a prfoessional capacity.
To raise the students' awareness on their ethical responsibility in line with animal health legislation.
- Understand what it entails to be a professional practitioner. Have knowledge of the legal responsibilities veterinary nurses act under and are expected to manage as animal health personell.Knowledge of the common set of ethical professional values which form a basis for the profession.
- Being able to apply the profession`s ethical guidelines in reflecting in and on practice.
- Have an ethical awareness and be able to develop ethical judgement which the student could benefit in practice of his/hers profession.
- Use the tools they can use to reflect in concrete situations and reflect in practice and not only reflect around/after practice.
- Have knowledge of different professional career paths and the common ethical dilemmas that arise in different professional capacities..
- Understand and reflect around ethical issues which occur during close cooperation with vets.
- Have an understanding of the laws and the veterinary nurses' juridical responsibility in their profession.
Teaching methods and approach
Clinical practice and the subject jurisprudence.
Mandatory education and study requirements:
The students will hold a group presentation as a form of assessment. This is mandatory and requires active participation.
With valid absence over 10% the student will have to present a written reflection paper within the theme(s).
Group presentation at a seminar
Examination details: Oral presentation : Bestått / Ikke bestått